Thursday, February 20, 2020

Filming Blog: My House

          Unfortunately, my group and I have yet to film. However, we are planning to film on Saturday at my house. Therefore, I am going to dedicate this blog to what my group and I are planning to do that day. This will include angles we would like to incorporate, back-up plans, and most importantly, the shots for specific scenes. I believe that even though we haven’t started filming, our final product will still come out how we want it. This is because I think we have prepared ourselves enough for this moment. I also think that we all have a good, general grasp of what we want our movie to look like. This is good because it will allow us to critique each other during the filming process. This will thus make less room for silly errors or mistakes in our final product. It will also speed up our re-filming process because we will already know what we need to make better or improve.
          To start, my and group and I will be splitting up our filming times. This is significant because this means we will not be filming everything this Saturday. We will only be filming the first five scenes. These five scene require all of us to be there. While Maya is going to be directing, Thomas, Amelia, and I will play the roles of the characters in our movie. To be honest, we don’t really have set acting roles because we made out actors flexible (based on gender, race, etc). Therefore, it doesn’t matter who plays who because we all know what is required of us if we are forced to play a character we don’t necessarily like or enjoy being. On the other hand, we don’t really have to worry about a set mis-en-scene or any unexpected obstacles. This is because we are filming at my house which will provide us with all the props, costumes, and lighting needed to effectively create our film. This in-house setting will also prevent any unplanned weather patterns to get in the way of our filming time.  I strongly believe our filming process with go smoothly because of all these factors.


Even if the weather channel is right and it rains on Saturday, this will not effect us because we will be filming inside anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment