Monday, March 9, 2020

Re-Filming Blog: Final Scene

     To start, it was extremely hard to get all my group members to come out to film the last scene of our film. We also had some things to re film but thats besides the point. Everyone’s parents are getting worried about the spread of the coronavirus so we had to agree on a specific date in which all of our parents would let us out. This date was April 1st. We all went over to my house to fix up some angles and shots that we could of did better on then headed to the cemetery for the final scene. To be honest, it wasn't necessary to bring have everyone present, but the group effort is what counts. I am the main actor, so I played my role while Maya and Thomas switched off filming. This scene was probably the easiest for me. All I had to do was act surprised and emotional. This was easy because I have lost someone I loved in the past so I could easily relate to this scene.
     After we finished filming, I suggested we film the same scene a couple more times. This was just in case we had to do this same thing again: re-film. In this way, we have several cuts and shots to choose from. More options allows for less mistakes. Although they did not want to film again initially, I convinced them. They agreed that it was smarter and safer to do so. Realistically, it will also save us more time. We only have a week until our final product is due and we cannot afford anymore re-film or re-edit meetings. This will only impede on how productive my group can be and can result in not only a bad grade from our teachers, but a bad score from Cambridge. I wanted to make it easier for all of us. Even though we stayed at the cemetery for another 20 minutes, it was ultimately worth it because it will make it easier for us to edit.


No comments:

Post a Comment