Monday, March 9, 2020

Re-Editing Blog

     Unfortunately, my group and I were unable to meet because of the coronavirus pandemic. Even though I’m allowed to leave the house, the rest of my group mates aren’t. Because of this obstacle, we had to resort to technology. Me and my group members had to hop on FaceTime to complete our re-edits together. Even though it seemed a little difficult at first, it went pretty smoothly. Everyone had an idea of what edits and sounds they wanted to include and it was not hard to compromise. After talking about it for about five minutes, we agreed that their should be a suspenseful soundtrack playing behind the scene where our main character is introduced. This will help to set the tone for out thriller. Once our main character goes to knock on the door, however, we all agreed that their should be a sudden silence. This will evoke q sense of uncertainty within the audience.
     To go further, we also agreed that our cuts should be similar and not too fancy. This will make our opening seem more movie-like. Although it would be cool to add some extra transitions, we agreed that it would be better to make our film seem more realistic. Considering it is about an important issue, we wouldn’t want to make it seem as if we were making fun of it. It would be best if we kept everything rather basic. To state something that I should have before, Amelia is the one editing our film. Therefore, all of the information I have listed here, I have told to Amelia. She continued the editing for our film with iMovie, and I trust her because she has lots of experience with technology. Overall, our re-editing “meeting” was a success. We didn’t argue, we finished quickly, and we didn’t really change much.




No comments:

Post a Comment